Your a women in your mid-30’s, popped out a couple kids, and your metabolism isn’t what it used to be. Let me introduce you to my problem: my body is storing fat. I went to the doctor because I really thought something was wrong with me. I have never had a weight issue before so why can’t I look at any food without my hips widening? My doc nearly laughed me out of the office. “You’ve had 4 kids, your body after kids goes into storing fat mod” well as exciting as that sounds I don’t care for the results. I switched my diet to: vegetarian, my exercise routine to: daily, and I have seen some results but I used to be able to eat an entire pizza and never gain a pound & quite frankly I want to throw a fit about it. Literally when I turned 30 everything changed. Even my boobs got bigger, not that I’m complaining about that! My body looks like it’s preparing for another baby. I thought a few times I was pregnant. My flat stomach had a pouch, my boobs got bigger (I swear to not say boobs anymore), my hips widened. The only problem? I wasn’t pregnant! I am just older and things are going to be harder from here on in…so the fight begins. Get on your boxing gloves and realize from this moment on nothing will be what it was.
So body has changed (check), pity party has been thrown (check, but new parties are inevitable), and food changes and exercise are my new way of life (double check). But, is there a simple way to enjoy the foods you crave and still stay on track and not have regrets the next day on the scale? Hello…this is the year 2011 and YES there are options to keep you happy and not feeling guilty. Something our ancestors would be jealous of is Weight Watchers. I know an abundance of women who have lost great amounts of body fat and weight using the Weight Watchers system. I notice Weight Watchers meals on Applebee’s menu’s, in grocery freezers, and trust this is one program that is: doable.
I may not be in the Weight Watchers program but I can still sneak a healthy, yummy product they have on the market. In fact, you can too! The greatest way to excite some of my friends at Mom Xperts is to offer an ice cream party. On Tuesday night I had a few friends over to test out the new Weight Watchers ice cream selections and this is what they said:
“These taste really good and you wouldn’t think they are low in fat” -Arwen, of the New Dark Chocolate Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Bar
My husband sneaked in for a Dark Chocolate Dulce de Leche ice cream bar as well and I later spied him eating another. “These are really goooood, Beth, make sure you tell them I love ‘em.” Ok, mister no butt. (stay away from my ice cream)
My sister is not a big sweets fan but she liked the Vanilla Bean & Dutch Chocolate ice cream sandwiches in snack size. Perfect for a snack attach and with only 1 gram of fat and 80 calories no ones complainin’.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>these lil guys pack flavor with more than a hint of satisfaction!
Tanelle enjoyed the Strawberry Fruit Smoothie which also did not have a hint of “diet” food.
I tried all 4 products I was sent and my favorite is the Dark Chocolate Dulce de Leche ice cream bars. They have a 3 PointsPlus value, 4.5 grams of fat, 120 calories, but most important they taste GOOOOOD and with caramel swirled in the vanilla ice cream your never bored with the flavor.
- New Weight Watchers Snack Size Ice Cream Sandwiches: Two brand new flavors of Weight Watchers Ice Cream, low fat Vanilla Bean and Dutch Chocolate, have just 80 calories each. The variety pack includes four sandwiches of both flavors with a PointsPlus® value of 2 per sandwich.
- New Weight Watchers Dark Chocolate Dulcé de Leché Dessert Bars: A highly indulgent ice cream bar featuring low fat dulcé de leché ice cream with a caramel swirl dipped in dark chocolate. Each bar has a PointsPlus value of 3 per bar and 120 calories.
- New Weight Watchers Strawberry Fruit Bar: A healthier snack option for adults and kids, this bar is made with real fruit and is an excellent source of vitamin C. Plus, this delightfully fruity bar has 15 percent fewer calories and 30 percent less sugar than other national leading brands of fruit bars. Each has 70 calories and a PointsPlus value of 2 per bar.
- Weight Watchers Strawberry Smoothie Bar: A blend of low-fat strawberry frozen yogurt and real strawberries. This bar is a good source of vitamin C and has the creamy goodness of a smoothie with just 60 calories and a PointsPlus value of 2 per bar.
For more info visit Weight Watchers online.
Disclosure: I received this products at no cost to me for review as a member of MomSelect. My opinions and my guests opinions are honest and we were not paid to post.
Latest posts by Beth (see all)
- Be a Heroic in Healthy Habits with Listerine #MC #Sponsored – October 6, 2014
- Mabel’s Label’s Back To School Review – September 28, 2014
- Back To School: Lunchbox Ideas with Fruit Vines Bites – September 15, 2014