I grew up a very picky eater. There is a long list of things I have never tried. Some people are afraid of heights, some people are afraid of snakes, and some are afraid of food. Hi, that’s me.
Things I have tried or cooked with in the past two years as I’m coming out of food anxiety: pineapple, blueberries, coffee, Gouda cheese,mango, avocado, cheesecake, spinach, ginger, kale, quinoa, jalapenos, …
Things I have YET to try: tofu, spam (it will never happen), shrimp, lobster, scones, and a list to long to, well list.
Anthenos is a brand I have scanned over many times at Kroger. Very curious about Feta cheese but have never tried before. I finally took the plunge and opted for the Feta Cheese with Basil and Tomato.
Now what to do with it?
Fabulous View: As I said before I have never tasted feta cheese before so I was a little skiddish but thought adding it to french bread, pesto, and baking can’t be wrong. But to cook with something you have never tasted before can be tricky. I was thinking about a pasta with olive oil, spinach, tomatoes, garlic, onion, sprinkled with Athenos Feta Cheese but I opted for the bread. I made one bruschetta with pesto and mozz on top and one with pesto and Athenos Feta Cheese Tomato & Basil on top. Wow. It was good and not too strong. I tried a cheese I had never heard of a few months ago at my husband and I’s 11 yr anniversary dinner. I can’t remember the name but it had green/blue in it (no it wasn’t blue cheese) and it was very strong..almost gagged me. Needless to say he wine went down good that night. Another thing I love about Athenos Feta Cheese is the packaging. It comes in an easy to open container that can safely store and keep your cheese + you can clean it when your done and reuse for something else. More Cheese?
My husband, leery of tasting new things as well, loved it too. There are a lot of different options running through my mind with this crumbled feta cheese product.
- sprinkled on pasta
- bruschetta topping
- baked chicken and feta cheese
- salad topping
And here is what the pro’s have whipped up..
- Mediterranean-Herbed Scallops – This dish will surprise even the biggest foodies as it takes you straight to the Greek isles in just about 20 minutes.
- Refreshing Watermelon Salad – Discover the versatility of ATHENOS feta cheese with this refreshing and uniquely wonderful treat that won’t break the scale.
- Greek Isles Pasta Salad – Think pasta salad is boring? Think again as the whole family will be asking for seconds of this flavorful, easy-to-make twist on the traditional version.
To read more great reviews of Athenos Feta Cheese and see what Yiayia’s, the Greek grandmother, suggests you try at Athenos on Facebook.
Win: Athenos is offering three (3) Fabulous Won readers a coupon for FREE Athenos Feta Cheese product.
Details: You must fill out the Rafflecopter below by signing in via Facebook or using your first name and email (it’s safe..it only has eyes for me). Contest is NOT affiliated with Facebook and Facebook is not responsible for the prize. This contest ends 8/7/12 at 11:59pm est. Winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter random draw and has 48hrs to claim prize. In the event the winner does not respond a new winner will be drawn at random. No purchase necessary to win. US only entries only, must be 18 years or older to enter. I did not receive compensation for this post, however I did receive free product for my honest review.
Disclosure: I received a free product coupon to facilitate my review. My opinions about this product are honest and my own.
- Cut French Bread Loaf into desired amount of slices. Spread 1 TBLS of Pesto on each slice and top with 1-2 TBLS of Athenos. Bake on 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Latest posts by Beth (see all)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 in theaters November 21st #Mockingjay #MC #sponsored – November 18, 2014
- Party Time With #LittlestPetShop #MC #Sponsored – November 4, 2014
- Finally Heroic with Listerine Healthy Habits #Sponsored #MC – October 28, 2014