I’ve been turning over a new basil leaf. I have decided to start making things from scratch. Seems a lot harder than it is really. Last time I checked there are no trees growing cans or boxes of food. Obviously I still use canned products to make homemade spaghetti sauce and boxes of stuff like cornstarch. It just eases my mind to know what is going into our food. So for lunch I was making spaghetti and only one of my kids likes sauce the other 3 eat them plain tossed with olive oil and sea salt. Yum. So after stressing out in the cupboard: WHERE IS THE HUNT’S SPAGHETTI SAUCE..I KNOW IT’S IN HERE I went to the internet for a home recipe. I found one but I adjusted it a lot to suit my supplies on hand.
This is a truly delicious easy spaghetti sauce and I hope you’ll enjoy it as well. Let me know in the comments below what you think or if you added something.
- 1 -28 oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 -cup chicken broth
- 1 -12 oz (I didn’t use the whole can) can tomato paste
- ½ TBLS dried oregano leaves
- 1 TBLS dried basil leaves
- Sprinkle garlic powder
- Sprinkle onion powder
- 1 TBLS white sugar
- In a skillet saute whole tomatoes, paste, broth, oregano, basil, and both powders for 10 min.
- Place your hot mixture into a food processor and puree 5 or more times then return to skillet and add 1 TBLS of sugar. Simmer for an hour stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot vermicelli, bow tie pasta, or gnocchi.